Back pain is the main reason why people around the world miss work. Seeking treatment for this uncomfortable and debilitating condition should be a priority. Back pain can be caused by many activities, injuries, and some medical conditions. As a person gets older, the likelihood of developing back pain increases due to a variety of factors, including degenerative disk ailment or previous issues and conditions.
Have you been relegated to a life of popping pain relievers because of debilitating back pain that negatively impacts your quality of life? Get help today by contacting our chiropractor at Center for Wellness Chiropractic Care in Mundelein, IL. Dr. Jonathan Engstrom is ready to walk with you on your recovery journey by administering back pain treatment techniques that will get you back to normal life.
Symptoms of Back Pain
Back pain can sometimes go away on its own or with home remedies, but it’s prudent to visit a doctor if you experience the following symptoms in addition to your back pain:
- Weight loss
- Urinary incontinence
- Pain radiating down the legs
- Inflammation accompanied by swelling in the back
- Numbness around the buttocks
- A recent injury or trauma in the back
Common Causes of Back Pain
Some back pain can crop up without a known cause. However, there are several common causes of back pain, including:
- Slipped disc: When one of your vertebrae is out of alignment, it exerts pressure on the surrounding nerves and can cause back pain, numbness, weakness, and tingling in other body parts.
- Ankylosing spondylitis: The swelling of joints in the spine causes stiffness and back pain that is often worse in the morning but eases with walking.
- Spondylolisthesis occurs when the spine slips out of position, causing lower back pain and stiffness, including a tingling sensation and numbness.
- Awkward curvature of the spine: If the spine is incorrectly positioned, it can cause back pain because of resistance scoliosis, which causes the spine to bend to one side.
How Does a Chiropractor Help Treat Back Pain?
When you visit our chiropractor at Center for Wellness Chiropractic Care, he will create a chiropractic care treatment plan designed for you. First, he will take your medical history. Then he will give you a physical assessment and may order lab tests or diagnostic imaging to determine if chiropractic care is a suitable treatment for your back pain.
A chiropractor may integrate chiropractic adjustments by manipulating the joints and employing a regulated, sudden low-adjustments gentle force to amplify mobility.
Other chiropractic techniques that may be used to relieve back pain include:
- Nutritional counseling
- Spinal and manual manipulation
- Mobilization through stretching of muscles and joints
- Soft tissue therapy
- Exercise therapy
Let Our Chiropractor in Mundelein Treat You Today
Many people are struggling with debilitating back pain and don’t know where they can find relief. Don’t let back pain slow you down in your day-to-day activities. Please contact our chiropractor at Center for Wellness Chiropractic Care in Mundelein, IL, today at (847) 949-0063. Our professional staff will schedule an appointment for you right away, so you can find relief for your persistent back pain.