Neck pain is an incredibly common ailment, with 80% of people estimated to suffer from neck pain at some point in their lives. Unfortunately, neck pain can quickly turn from acute to chronic if the root cause of neck pain isn't properly addressed. People can spend years suffering from neck pain, never knowing the root cause or being able to get help for their symptoms.
Fortunately, at Center For Wellness Chiropractic Care, Dr. Jon Engstrom is dedicated to helping patients find long-term relief from neck pain through natural and non-invasive treatment. We provide high-quality testing and treatment for a wide range of conditions, including neck pain.
What Causes Neck Pain?
There are many causes of neck pain, making it challenging to identify the root cause without professional help. Some of the most common causes of neck pain we see at our clinic include:
- Prior injury, such as whiplash during a car accident
- Neck pain caused by overuse injuries
- Sore or inflamed muscles of the upper back
- Tension and stress
- Pain from herniated or slipped discs in the back
- Poor posture
- Sports injuries
- Radiating pain from headaches
These are just some of the many causes that must be addressed to prevent neck pain from reoccurring.
How Our Mundelein Chiropractor Can Help
Our chiropractor will help you find the root cause of your neck pain and provide a personalized treatment plan. We will conduct a physical exam to determine if your neck pain is caused by an underlying issue with the spine, misalignments, or if it's due to a muscle injury.
Our chiropractor will also ask questions about your pain, how long it's been going on, and may require imaging tests if necessary. Imaging tests and physical exams are key to helping our chiropractor determine the best treatment plan. Treatment can include using techniques such as:
- Massage therapy to help alleviate soreness in the upper back muscles and promote blood flow to the affected area
- Manual adjustments to restore balance and the natural curvature of the spine. This can correct posture, which is vital since poor posture can lead to headaches
- Spinal decompression to treat herniated or bulging discs
Visit Us for Neck Pain Treatment from Our Mundelein Chiropractor
At Center For Wellness Chiropractic Care, we'll provide neck pain treatment to help you live free of pain and improve your overall health. Call us today to schedule an appointment or to learn more about how chiropractic care can benefit you.